A refreshing summer cocktail combining cranberries, apple juice, raspberries, cinnamon and ginger ale.
- Prep Time
- 600 milliliters (1 1/2 cups) cranberry juice
- 200 milliliters (7/8 cup) apple juice
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 6 tablespoons raspberry puree (made by pureeing fresh raspberries and straining the pulp)
- 50 milliliters (1/5 cup) Crème de cassis
- 1 large lemon
- Chilled ginger ale
1. Pour the cranberry juice into a shallow tray and place in freezer until ice crystals form around the edge. Use a fork to mix the crystals back into the middle. Place back in freezer and repeat.
2. Bring the apple juice and cinnamon quill to a boil. Take off heat and cool. Reserve the cinnamon quill.
3. Transfer the apple juice, crème de cassis, raspberry puree and cranberry ice to a processor and process till a slushy texture is achieved.
3. Spoon into martini glass with a cinnamon quill as a swivel.
4. Use a vegetable peeler to pare a strip of lemon rind and use as a scoop. Garnish with a sprig of mint.