An exquisite, colorful garden salad with creamy pesto dressing. Don't forget to display it proudly in a clear, glass bowl.
- Prep Time
- 10 Servings ServingsServings
- 2 romaine hearts, shredded about 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded, veins removed, diced
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, seeded, veins removed, diced
- 1/2 cup packaged shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup packaged shredded carrots
- 15 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned white shoepeg corn or sweet yellow corn niblets, drained
- 1/2 cup canned Chinese baby corn, drained
- 1/2 cup canned hearts of palm, drained and diced
- 1 large ripe Hass avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 Kirby or Persian cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup croutons
- For dressing:
- 1/4 cup liquid non-dairy creamer
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 teaspoon prepared crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place lettuce, peppers, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, corn, hearts of palm, avocado, cucumbers and croutons in a large salad bowl
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly.
- Garnish with additional pine nuts and serve.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER
This salad is exquisite when layered in a clear glass trifle bowl. Depending on the size and circumference of your bowl, you may have to double or triple some of the ingredients to complete an entire layer. Be sure to layer the lettuce in at least 2 if not 3 places. Serve dressing on the side.