Kosher adaptation of a Cold Smoked Fish Salad inspired by English chef Jamie Oliver. His version called for non-kosher shellfish, so this adaptation is for the kosher connoisseur. Smoked fish is a typical Sunday brunch item in many Jewish circles. This is a welcome change from the traditional fish platter.
- Prep Time
- 2 pound assorted smoked and salted fish (sable, whitefish, nova and kippered salmon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground horseradish
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- Seasoned flatbreads or party rye (optional)
- Cut fish into bite-sized pieces and place in bowl.
- Add horseradish, pepper and lemon juice, and toss to mix. Garnish with dill and chill 1 hour before serving. Serve with seasoned flatbreads or party rye, if desired.