- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 6 boneless chicken breast cutlets, about 3 pounds
- 2 (10.5-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups water
- For sauce
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cup :baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Rinse cutlets and pat dry.
- In a medium pot, bring chicken broth and water to a boil. Add chicken, and when the broth comes back to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and allow chicken to finish cooking from the retained heat for 15 minutes. Remove chicken from broth, cover and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- To prepare sauce, in a food processor or blender place walnuts, spinach, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Pulse 3 or 4 times. Pour the olive oil in a steady stream through feed tube while machine is running, until mixture is smooth and creamy, about 1 minut
- Spread pesto over cooled cutlets or cut cooled chicken into slices, and drizzle with pesto. Serve any additional sauce on the side.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER
Sauteing and browning the walnuts will release a bit more flavor. Place them in a skillet with 1 teaspoon canola oil over high heat for a minute or two. When warm and golden brown in color, proceed with Step 4.