- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 servings ServingsServings
- 4 egg :whites
- pinch :of salt
- 1/2 cup :sugar
- 1 tablespoon :vanilla
- 2 tablespoons :orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups :shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup :ground almonds
- 2 Tablespoon :superfine matzo meal
- 1/2 teaspoon :grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350 .
- Grease a 9" round cake pan with pareve margarine and sprinkle with matzo meal to coat. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites and salt in large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Then beat in vanilla and orange juice. Combine coconut, almonds, matzo meal, and orange peel in a medium bowl and fold into the egg whites.
- Spread in prepared pan, and bake at 350 degrees about 20 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan. Slice to serve, and top with fresh fruit.