Wake up to fresh-squeezed orange juice in the morning and save the pulp for dinnertime, using it to flavor homemade breadcrumbs. This recipe is also a great way to use up challah bread leftovers.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cupsServings
- 5 ounces challah bread (2 rolls)
- ¼ cup orange juice pulp (from 4 navel oranges)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
1. Place pieces of the challah into a food processor. Chop into crumbs (approximately 2 cups). Add in the remaining ingredients. Pulse to mix evenly.
2. To toast the bread crumbs (optional): Transfer to a baking sheet. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375°F for approximately 10-15 minutes, mixing occasionally, until golden brown.