- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 50 ServingsServings
- 3 cups Navy or Pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- Water package directions
- 5 pounds yellow or white cake mix
- 1-1/2 cups chunky applesauce or finely chopped canned apples
- 1/2 cup ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- Powdered sugar as needed
1 Puree beans with 1/2 cup of the water called for on cake mix package directions. Combine beans, remaining water, cake mix, apples, and spices in mixer bowl.
2 Mix on low speed until ingredients are blended; beat at medium speed 3 minutes, or according to cake mix directions.
3 Pour cake batter into 2 greased and floured half-sheet cake pans.
4 Bake according to package directions. Cool; lightly dust with powdered sugar.