As a side dish, condiment or dessert, applesauce is alway a welcomed addition. This chunky applesauce can also be made smoother, if preferred.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 - 10Servings
- 3-4 pounds peeled, cored, and quartered apples ( Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Fuji, Jonathan or Mcintosh)
- 4 strips of lemon peel (use a vegetable peeler to strip 4 lengths)
- Juice of one lemon (3-4 tablespoons)
- 3 inches cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- Up to 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. Put all ingredients into a large pot. Cover and bring to boil.
2, Lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Remove cinnamon sticks and lemon peels.
4. Mash with potato masher.
Ready to serve, either hot or refrigerated.
Can store for up to a year in the freezer.