Serve the flavors of Mexico in this taco style salad for a refreshing change of pace.
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1½ cup cooked yellow rice
- 1½ cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large avocado, peeled pitted and diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoon sour cream
- In a large bowl combine rice, lettuce, tomatoes, beans, avocado, onions, cilantro, and cheese and toss lightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, salt, chili powder, and cumin.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat evenly. Divide between 6 bowls or plates and garnish each with a tablespoon of sour cream to serve
TIP: Add a sprinkle of taco chips to top off this fiesta with a crunch.