Passover just gets better and better when you show up with homemade chocolate candies. A delicious treat and so simple to make you can vary this recipe with flavored fillings by using different extracts.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 dozen candiesServings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, solid
- 2¼ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita extra virgin olive oil
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat coconut oil, powdered sugar, coconut milk, and vanilla in a mixing bowl until a thick, non-sticky dough is formed.
3. Roll dough into a log, wrap in parchment paper, and freeze for several hours or overnight until firm.
4. Slice quarter-inch thick slices of dough and place on lined sheet.
5. Melt chocolate and add evoo (this will keep the candy shiny). Cool chocolate slightly.
6. Scoop dough round on a fork and dip in melted chocolate. Transfer to baking sheet and repeat with remaining rounds. Refrigerate to set up chocolate.
7. Serve candies at room temperature.