Naturally sweetened and packed with nutritious ingredients, those granola bars require no baking and are the perfect addition to lunch box or mid-day snack.
- Prep Time
- 24 Small BarsServings
- 2 1/2 cups of quick cooking steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1. In the food processor, chop the walnuts and add the steel cut oats.
2. Transfer to a large bowl and add the chocolate chips.
3. In a small pan, bring to a simmer the maple syrup with the coconut oil and vanilla extract. After a few minutes, pour over the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula.
4. In a glass 8x8 baking dish, spread evenly to form a large square. Place in the freezer for about an hour.
5. Remove from the freezer and slice them.