These Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies are simple to make, super delicious and have just the right amount of each ingredient to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup (approximately 6) egg whites
- 2 cups white sugar
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 225°F.
2. Place egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla in a clean bowl. Beat with the whisk of an electric mixer until the egg whites become frothy, around 1 minute. Continue mixing on medium-high speed and gradually add the sugar. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form and whites are glossy, around 5 minutes. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
3. Put batter in piping bag or plastic freezer bag with the tip cut off, and pipe 1-2 inch circles on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. leave 2 inches of space between each meringue.
4. Bake for 2 hours. Take the meringues out of the oven and cool completely on the baking sheets.
5. Once cooled, store the meringues in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Variations: Instead of chocolate chips add 1 cup of chopped pecans, walnuts or hazelnuts. For plain meringues, follow the recipe above but leave out the mini chocolate chips.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Pesach 2013 SUBSCRIBE NOW