- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 beef top round steak, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick (1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups prepared chipotle salsa
- 2 medium limes, peel grated, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Flour tortillas, warmed (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1 Combine salsa, lime peel and juice, and cumin in small bowl. Place beef steak in food-safe plastic bag. Pour 3/4 cup salsa marinade over steak; turn steak to coat.
2 Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight. Cover and reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator for sauce.
3 Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
4 Grill 3/4-inch thick steak 8 to 9 minutes (1-inch thick steak 16 to 18 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
5 Meanwhile stir 3 tablespoons cilantro into reserved marinade. Carve steak into thin slices. Serve with sauce and tortillas, if desired. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.