Okay, so this kugel is dairy! Perfect for Shavuos or just the random Shabbos where you are just not in the mood for meat (if that ever happens). This dish is a great balance of the traditional Mexican chilies rellenos and a traditional kugel served at the Jewish dining room table. Enjoy!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8-10 ServingsServings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 can green chilies (4 ounce)
- 1 pound shredded cheddar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup cup biscuit mix can be made from scratch
- Place the butter in a 13×9 inch baking dish and put it in a 350 degree oven to melt.
- In the meantime, blend the eggs, salt, milk and biscuit mix and set it aside.
- Take the pan out of the oven and arrange the chilies in a layer. Be careful because the pan is hot.
- Cover the chilies with the shredded cheese then pour the biscuit mixture over the top.
- Put the pan in the oven for 40 minutes, until the kugel is golden brown.
by Melinda Strauss, kitchen-tested.com