This is an easy Mexican-style dinner for a perfect kid-friendly fiesta.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cup shredded rotisserie chicken, aobut a 3-pound chicken
- 1 (15-ounce) jar mild salsa, divided
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 yellow corn taco shells
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce (1/2 head), rinsed and dried
- soy sour cream
1 In a large saute pan over medium heat, cook shredded chicken with 1 cup salsa.
2 In a medium bowl, toss tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro.
3 To assemble tacos, lay out all 12 tacos on a work surface. Evenly distribute the chicken, then beans, then avocado, then lettuce and finally the tomato mixture among the tacos. Serve tacos with sides of sour cream and the remaining salsa.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010) - BUY NOW