Ktzitzot are Moroccan mini burgers made here with ground chicken and baharat, one of our favorite spice blends. Chicken burgers are best when you mix the ground meat with sautéed and spiced onions.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon baharat
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ pounds ground chicken
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup raw 100% tahini
- 1⁄3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Heat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat.
3. Add oil and sauté onions until just beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
4. Add garlic, baharat, and salt. Cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.
5. Place ground chicken in a medium bowl.
6. Add parsley, onions, and garlic and mix to combine.
7. Divide mixture into 12 equal portions.
8. Roll a portion between the palms of your hands to make a compact ball.
9. Flatten the ball into a patty about 1⁄2-inch thick and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
10. Repeat with remaining portions.
11. Spray tops with cooking spray and bake at 425°F for 9 minutes.
12 Flip ktzitzot, spray tops with cooking spray, and bake 9 minutes more or until cooked through.
13. Whisk together tahini and lemon juice. Thin to desired consistency with water. 14. Drizzle tahini over ktzitzot.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Cholesterol Content: 96 mg
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 22 g
- Sodium Content: 286 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g