This easy-to-make chicken casserole recipe has been enjoyed by my family for many years. Hope it will become a favorite of yours too.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- About 1 or 1 1/2 kilogram (2-3 pound) chicken portions
- 1 onion, sliced
- Half green pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce (any, such as Worchester sauce, HP sauce, etc)
- 1 can tomato paste mixed with 250 ml (8 1/2-ounces) water.
1. Wash and dry chicken pieces.
2. Lightly brown chicken with onions, and transfer to a large casserole dish.
3. Make a mixture of green pepper, sugar, vinegar, steak sauce, tomato paste, and water.
4. Pour the mixture over the chicken, and bake at 180C for 1 hour
Can be cooked in a pressure cooker for 25 minutes - it's equally good.