- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- - ServingsServings
- 1 onion, :chopped
- 2-3 cloves :minced garlic
- 2-4 jalapenos, :seeded and minced
- Juice of :2 limes
- Juice of :1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoon :apple cider or rice wine vinegar
- 1 lb. fresh cherries, :seeded and cut in half
- 2 fresh :mangos cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- Heat saute pan over medium heat. Add enough oil to lightly cover bottom of pan, about 1 tablespoon. Add onions, peppers and garlic and saute over medium heat until onions begin to collapse, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add lime juice, lemon juice and vinegar. Bring to a boil, add cherries and mangos. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Place in a serving bowl and chill.
This may be served hot if preferred. If a smooth sauce is preferred, puree in food processor before chilling. This is served with grilled chicken or grilled or pan-seared fish. This makes about one pint of salsa.