This flavor combo is a new favorite with a wonderful balance of tart and sweet. Both fruits have tons of nutrients, however they are both slightly higher in calories, which keeps the portion small. Feel free to use any fresh or frozen fruit you like and have available. Apples, peaches, pears, and berries would all work well too.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 ½ cups sliced apricots
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- ½ cup raw quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
- ¼ cup packed sucanat, or coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil, solid
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Combine apricots, cherries, and cornstarch in a pie plate and toss to coat.
3. Combine oats, flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add coconut oil and crumble with your fingers.
4. Sprinkle over fruit.
5. Bake, uncovered at 375°F for 30 minutes or until bubbly and crisp.
Gluten Free: Swap almond meal for flour.
Nutritional information per serving : 200 calories, 10g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 28g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 17g sugar, 2g protein