I am in the process of making a video for this recipe my mother invented. It is kosher for passover, and very cheesy and delicious. You can make many of these casseroles to serve a crowd!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-6 PeopleServings
- 1 piece Green Onion Diced
- 7-8 piece Potatoes (roughly 1 kilo), peeled and sliced
- 4-6 piece Salmon fillets, (roughly 620 grams) washed and well-dried
- 2 piece Green Onions Sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup Milk
- One block Cheddar, Mozzerella, and/or Parmesan
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Thyme Dried or Fresh
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary Dried or Fresh
- 2-3 tablespoon Salt Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
Preparation (You Can Make Ahead):
1) Fry diced onions in a skillet until golden brown, set aside in a large bowl
2) Lay the salmon in the skillet and cook it one side at a time until golden brown. Do not move the salmon steaks until they are completely done on one side, then flip over and cook completely on the other side. Remove from the pan and cool. Remove the skin and bones, then floss the salmon meat. Add the salmon meat into the bowl with the fried diced onions. Add in the lemon juice and stir.
3) Arrange the sliced potatoes in a casserole dish with at least 8 cups capacity. Add a 1/2 cup milk, cover the casserole, and microwave for 15 minutes or until cooked but not mushy.
4) Fry the onion rings in the pan after the salmon is done until the rings are half cooked.
5) Mix the thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper as the seasoning salt.
How to Assemble the Casserole:
1) Lay potato slices, 1/4 of the total amount in the casserole dish
2) Sprinkle seasoning salt
3) Crumble 1/4 of the salmon over
4) Add 1/4 of the cheese
5) Sprinkle seasoning salt
6) Repeat 3 times more, only for the final layer, sprinkle the seasoning salt and arrange all the onion rings over the casserole. Then, add the remainder of the cheese on top.
7) If the casserole you are using is very flat and wide, divide the ingredients into 1/3s and have 3 layers of potato, salmon, and cheese.
8) Bake in the oven at 180C for 40 minutes, or until the cheese on top is golden brown.