Ice cream is made extra creamy with the addition of cream cheese, then crumble in some macaroons for a real Passover icy treat.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 8 ounces (1 package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek style yogurt (or use dairy sour cream)
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Passover vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 12 Passover macaroons (coconut or chocolate), crumbled
Cut the cream cheese into pieces and place in a food processor or electric mixer. Add the sugar and salt and process or mix at medium speed for 3-4 minutes or until well combined. Add the yogurt and blend it in thoroughly. Gradually add the half and half and blend it in thoroughly. Stir in the vanilla extract and orange peel.
Chill in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes or until cold. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Just before the mixture is finally thick enough to store in the freezer, add the macaroon pieces and stir them in. Spoon into a container to freeze.