- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8 servings ServingsServings
- 2 cups:matzo farfel, soaked and drained
- 1/2 cup:butter, melted, divided
- 1 small head:cauliflower cut into small florets (about 5 Cups)
- 1 cup:chopped onion
- 1/2 cup:thinly sliced carrot
- 1 garlic:clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon:salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon:dried oregano
- 1 cup:shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 :eggs
- 1/4 cup:milk
- Preheat oven to 375. In a bowl, combine farfel and 1/4 cup butter.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside.
- In a large skillet sauté the cauliflower, onion, carrot, garlic, salt and oregano in remaining butter over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese into prepared crust. Top with the cauliflower mixture and remaining cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Pour over pie.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean and the cauliflower is tender.
- Serves 6 to 8