The ultimate brownie with melted caramel, chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Best to double-batch it!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (18.25-ounces) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup evaporated milk, divided
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted (1 stick)
- 35 caramels, unwrapped (10-ounce package)
- 2 cups milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a bowl, combine cake mix and nuts. Stir in ⅔ cup evaporated milk and butter (batter will be thick).
3. Spread half of the batter into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. In a sauce pan combine the caramels and remaining evaporated milk. Heat the mixture over a low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted.
5. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the baked brownie and then drizzle the caramel mixture over the pop.
6. Spoon the remaining batter by heaping teaspoon over caramel mixture.
7. Bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
8. Cut into 24 squares.