Red, sticky and a super fall treat,these candied apples are as much fun to make as they are to eat.
- Prep Time
- 15 apples
- 2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 8 drops red food coloring
- Line two cookie sheets with foil, and coat with cooking spray. Insert 1 (6-inch) craft stick into stem end of each apple.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in a medium heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 300 degrees F (about 8 minutes) or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads. Remove from heat and stir in food coloring.
- Working with 1 apple at a time, holding apple by its stick, dip in syrup, tilting pan to cover apple. Turn apple quickly to coat evenly with syrup; let excess syrup drip back into pan.
- Place apple, stick side up, on prepared cookie sheet to harden (about 5 minutes).