- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 16 oz. orzo
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 red onions, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 6 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 c. mascarpone
- 1 package (10-ounce) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 c. California golden raisins
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 c. toasted pine nuts
1 Cook orzo in boiling salted water for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
2 Drain. Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat.
3 Add onions, salt, pepper, vinegar and honey. Sauté 8 to 10 minutes.
4 Then, stir in cooked and drained orzo,
5 blue cheese, mascarpone, spinach, raisins and nutmeg. Heat briefly to warm cheeses.
6 Spoon onto large serving platter.
7 Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve, immediately.
Source: California Raisin Marketing Board