A melt-in-your mouth soufflé that really is like dessert with dinner.
Tip: Try baking this in a 9-inch frozen piecrust to transform sweet squash into a decadent dessert.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen butternut squash, thawed, or 2½ cups peeled and cubed, or pureed squash
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Maple syrup (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch round baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, place squash, eggs, flour, and brown sugar; mix well.
3. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Drizzle with a little maple syrup, if desired.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until set and edges are slightly golden. Serve warm or cold.