- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 16 ServingsServings
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 2/3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 3 large or 4 small finely grated carrots, enough for 11/2 cups
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped - optional
1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
2 Lightly grease bottom only of one 8½ x 4½-inch loaf pan.
3 In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, granulated sugar and oil for one minute, scrape bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4 Sift together whole-wheat flour, soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Stir into bowl mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
5 Fold in carrots, raisins and pecans.
6 Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7 Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Source: Wheat Foods Council