- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 cups dry French bread with crusts, cubed
- 3 large eggs, 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups 2% milk, 1/3 cup raisins
- Sauce:1 cup apricot preserves (12-ounce jar)
- 1/4 cup water,
- 3 tablespoons brandy or orange juice
1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
2 Spread bread cubes in 8 x 8-inch pan coated with non-stick spray.
3 In medium bowl, beat eggs until frothy; add sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, butter and milk. Beat until well mixed.
4 Stir in raisins. Pour over bread, pressing bread down until coated; let stand 40 minutes, occasionally pressing bread down to soak. Bake 50 minutes until pudding is browned and puffy.
5 Bring apricot preserves and water to a boil. Cook 1 minute. Add brandy and mix. Serve warm over bread pudding.
Source: Wheat Foods Council