Make these blue potato latkes for a gorgeous presentation, and add red and white latkes for extra color.
Tip: Follow same recipe for any color potatoes. Serve with sour cream and herbs.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 blue (or white or red) potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons matzo meal or flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: sour cream and fresh herbs, such as dill
1. Shred the potatoes and onion with grater; add to medium bowl.
2. Mix potatoes, onion, eggs, flour or matzo meal, and nutmeg together; season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat ½ inch evoo in a large frying pan. Spoon mixture into pan in circles, and cook in small batches.
4. Add sour cream and herbs, and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Esprit Caterers, www.espritevents.com, (212) 207-3888