Eat your beets. This recipe is a scrumptious way to eat this super nutritious vegetable.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 large beets, trimmed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon minced orange zest
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Wrap 2 beets together in foil. Repeat with remaining beets. Place on baking sheet and cook until tender, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool.
3. Peel beets. Cut each beet into 8 wedges.
4. Combine beets and the remaining ingredients in medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until sauce is syrupy, stirring often, about 8 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Tip: Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill. Rewarm over low heat, stirring often.