- Cook Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons coarse grind black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, mincedDipping Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- crushed or 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and 3 cloves garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
2 Add red peppers, wine, tomato paste and thyme, stirring until tomato paste is blended. Combine broth and cornstarch in small bowl, mixing until smooth.
3 Stir into pepper mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
4 Meanwhile cut beef steak into 1-1/4 x 1-1/4 x 1-inch pieces. Combine pepper, salt, paprika and 1 clove garlic in large bowl. Add beef; toss to coat.
5 Thread beef pieces evenly onto six 12-inch metal skewers, leaving small space between pieces.
6 Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, about 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Serve with dipping sauce.