- 4 ServingsServings
- 3 boneless beef Strip steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wasabi Cucumbers:
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate juice
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- Gingered Carrots:
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups packaged matchstick carrots
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
1 Combine Marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
2 Prepare Wasabi Cucumbers. Combine wasabi paste and pomegranate juice in medium bowl. Add cucumbers; toss to coat. Set aside; refrigerate until ready to serve.
3 Prepare Gingered Carrots. Combine mayonnaise and ginger in another medium bowl. Add carrots; toss to coat. Set aside; refrigerate until ready to serve.
4 Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
5 Carve steaks into thin slices. Place cucumbers and carrots side by side on plate; top with beef. Top with avocado and pomegranate seeds; sprinkle with sesame seeds.