- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 boneless beef chuck blade steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen vegetable seasoning blend (such as onion, bell pepper, celery, parsley)
- 2 cups prepared red wine pasta sauce or marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup Water
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, cut in half (cut into quarters if large)
- Salt and pepper
- Hot cooked pasta (optional)
1 Heat 2 teaspoons oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef steak in stockpot; brown evenly. Remove steak from stockpot; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
2 Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in stockpot. Add vegetable seasoning blend; cook and stir 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3 Stir in pasta sauce and water. Return steak with juices to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until steak is fork-tender.
4 Remove steak; keep warm. Add mushrooms to cooking liquid; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and sauce is thickened to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
5 Meanwhile carve steak into thin strips. Add to sauce; cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve over pasta, if desired.