This Beef Bourguignon with Noodles is a classic French dish that the whole family will enjoy. Having your butcher cube the beef for you saves you tons of time in the kitchen. Using silver tip beef eliminates the need for slow cooking.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ½ pounds beef silver tip, in 1-inch cubes
- 1 (8-ounce) package baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 1 (9-ounce) bag frozen white pearl onions, not thawed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (32-ounce) box Manischewitz All Natural Beef Broth
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh thyme leaves
- 1 (1-pound) package wide noodles
1. Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Pat beef very dry with paper towels so the beef will brown, not steam. Brown beef on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add mushrooms, onions, and carrots, scraping down the brown bits from the pan, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle in flour, stir to mix and coat veggies. Add broth, wine, pepper, and thyme; return beef to the pan along with any accumulated juices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. While beef is stewing, prepare noodles according to package instructions. Drain and place in a serving bowl.
5. Spoon stew over noodles and serve with Salad with Apples and Walnuts.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010).