Keep this dessert dairy as the butter and dairy ice cream add tremendous flavor that cannot be mimicked with its non-dairy substitutions.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1 pint vanilla or butter pecan ice cream, for serving
- 3-4 bananas, sliced into thick slices
1. In a heavy skillet, melt butter on medium heat.
2. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt and mix until combined.
3. Cook for about two minutes, until sugar just begins to bubble.
4. Add rum to pan, mix in and cook for another two minutes so alcohol cooks out.
5. Add bananas and cook for two minutes.
6. Serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla or butter pecan