These Banana Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are adapted from LilMissCakes as part of our blog swap link up. I found the one semi healthy recipe on her baking blog filled with gorgeously decorated cakes and here it is.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 dozen ServingsServings
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas (about 2-3 bananas)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, mix the margarine, sugar, and banana until combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Once combined, add in the dry ingredients; flour, oats, flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop cookies onto lined cookie sheets, making sure they are about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are light brown. Cool.
Make sure to check out LilMissCakes for gorgeous cakes and desserts.