Pretty, pretty, pretty. And it doesn’t take much. If you own a vegetable peeler you’re in business.
- Prep Time
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large cucumber
- 3 large carrots
- 1 pint multicolored grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups watercress, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Suggested Garnishes: pomegranate arils
1. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, shallots, mayonnaise, honey, salt and pepper and whisk well until dressing comes together. Set aside.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, peel cucumber and carrots into long ribbons. Transfer to a large bowl and add tomatoes and watercress. Add dressing and toss lightly to coat well. Serve immediately or refrigerate undressed for up to 1 hour.
As seen in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine Pesach 2012 - Subscribe Now