We love recreating classic non kosher dishes into kosher ones, like this kosher shrimp cocktail. The combination of sweet and tangy flavors with a little kick from the horseradish was just the perfect addition.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 imitation shrimp
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- cooking spray
- ½ cup Gold’s Cocktail Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Using 3 separate plates, prepare your breading station: combine flour, salt and Old Bay seasoning in one plate; beaten eggs on another plate; and Panko, coconut and a pinch of salt on the third plate.
4. Take “shrimp” one at time, drench in flour plate and coat well, shaking off any excess flour.
5. Dip floured “shrimp” in egg, then coat with Panko/coconut mixture.
6. Transfer breaded "shrimp" to lined baking sheet. Repeat the process with remaining “shrimp.”
7. Spray "shrimp" generously on both sides with cooking spray. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
Serve with Gold’s Cocktail sauce.