This is an alternative way to make apple sauce without any added sugar or butter. Gala apples are best due to their higher sugar content.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8 ServingsServings
- 6 gala apples, peeled and cored
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grate apples on medium side of box grater.
- Mix with cinnamon and nutmeg. Place with water in a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes stirring halfway.
- Serve warm cold or at room temperature, as desired.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher