Use Thin-Cut Grow and Behold Beef Bacon in this recipe.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 package Thin-Cut Grow and Behold Beef Bacon
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted and halved
- ½ cup Techina
- 16 ounces tahini
- 4 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 - 2 lemons
- Water (amount varies)
- Cayenne pepper (to taste)
1. Fill date boats with Techina. Wrap half a piece of bacon around and secure with toothpick.
2. Cover baking sheet with foil and arrange dates on top. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 15 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and fat is rendering.
If you like, save the fat for Spinach Salad with Maple-Bacon Vinaigrette.
1. Chop garlic in food processor until fine. Add tahini and lemon juice, blend until combined.
2. Add water slowly until desired consistency is reached (about 1 to 2 cups). Add salt and cayenne to taste. (We keep our techina relatively thick and store it in the fridge. For sauces and dressings, thin a few spoonfuls with water, and add fresh herbs.)
Recipe by Naftali Hanau.