- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 ServingsServings
- 1/4 lb. Salt cod, soaked 24 hours in water, then drained, rough chop
- 3 Tbl Spanish onion, fine dice
- 2 Tbl Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbl garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Qt Whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbl Cured black olives, pitted
- 2 tsp Grain mustard
- 1 tsp White truffle oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste-be careful
- 24 ea. Bread crouton or mini tarT
1 Sauteé the onion in olive oil until soft. Add the garlic, potato, and cod, and cook until the completely mixed through.
2 Slowly add the milk and cream, be careful not to burn, keep the heat low.
3 The mixture should look like mashed potatoes.
4 Cool slightly (about 10 minutes at room temperature). Puree the mixture in a food processor until smooth.
5 It should increase in volume. Add in mustard and truffle oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
6 Serve hot or cold using the olive as garnish.
7 Fill the tarts and reheat in the oven or chill and spread on a crouton.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission