The frozen banana in this shake creates an ice cream-like consistency.
- Prep Time
- 1 medium very ripe banana, frozen (see note)
- ½ cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
1. Place banana, yogurt, walnuts, and 1 tablespoon honey in a blender.
2. Blend on low speed until ingredients start to mix together.
3. Then increase to high speed and blend until smooth. For a sweeter smoothie, add another tablespoon of honey. Serve immediately.
Note: To freeze banana, peel and cut banana into chunks. Wrap in plastic and place in freezer several hours or overnight.
Source: California Walnut Board