This flavorful grilled salmon dish goes great with everything. For those without a BBQ, this also works in a grill pan or frying pan.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 slices of salmon fillet
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or sriracha (optional)
- 1 pinch curry (optional)
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 2 sprigs cilantro
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ squeezed lemon
- ½ squeezed lime
- Scallions, chopped thinly on a bias or angle
- Toasted sesame seeds
1. Prepare marinade: Combine all ingredients and place in a large ziplock bag.
2. Add salmon and seal.
3. Place in fridge for 1 to 4 hours.
4. Preheat grill or grill pan to high heat, and brush lightly with oil.
5. Place salmon, skin-side up, onto the grill and allow to sit untouched for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on your grill or pan. You are only looking for nice grill marks and not cooking it completely on that side.
6. Flip the salmon over, skin-side down, and repeat. At this point, drizzle reserved honey over the surface of the salmon.
7. The salmon can either be finished skin-side down or removed and finished in the oven at 350° for another 8 minutes or when the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145°.
8. Plate your fish and garnish with optional salad, toasted sesame seeds, or scallions.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Summer 2014. SUBSCRIBE NOW