- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 pound whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 head broccoli (about 3/4 pound), tops cut into flowerets, stems peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cups (about 4 ounces) of snow peas, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup of unsalted almond butter
- 1/4 cup of reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1 scallion, green part only (about 3 tablespoons)
1 Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2 Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over a medium-heat heat, stirring frequently, until they are golden, about 3 minutes
3 Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
4 Three minutes before the pasta is ready add the broccoli to the pasta pot.
5 One minute before it is ready add the snow peas and red peppers to the pot.
6 While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
7 Place the almond butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili-garlic sauce and three tablespoon of boiling water (from the pasta pot) into a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
8 Drain the noodles and vegetables, return them to the pasta pot, add the sauce and toss to coat. Serve garnished with the toasted almonds and scallion greens.
Source: Almond Board of California