A beautiful salad with an extra delicious crunch of crisp potatoes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Idaho potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- To taste salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tsp White wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 med Bunches Arugula (about 7 oz), thick stems removed, washed and dried
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, shave
1 Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. or preheat the grill.
2 In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and salt and pepper.
3 Spread the potatoes out in one layer on a non-stick baking sheet (or one lined with a nonstick liner).
4 Roast until browned on one side, about 9 minutes, then turn and roast until browned on the other side, about 5 minutes more.
5 In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, white wine vinegar, shallot and salt and pepper to taste.
6 Reserve about 18 potato slices for garnish. Place the rest of the potatoes in a large bowl, top with the arugula, and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
7 Toss well and serve, garnishing each plate with the reserved potato slices and shaved Parmesan.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission