This quick, easy-to-make side dish is full of complex flavors: sweetness from the apricots, creaminess from the artichokes, and tartness from the lemon.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (1-pound) bag frozen artichoke bottoms
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 - 2 tablespoons lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- Garnish: parsley leaves and extra virgin olive oil
1. Defrost artichokes; cut into quarters.
2. Heat a sauté pan over high heat. Add evoo and artichokes, and cook until browned.
3. Stir in chopped apricots and tomatoes, then season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, and toss with lemon juice or red wine vinegar.
4. Garnish with parsley leaves and a generous drizzle of evoo and serve.