Protein packed quinoa is a great alternative to your morning oatmeal. Adding apples and cinnamon give this breakfast bowl a natural sweetness, so there's no need to add sugar. A short rinse under the faucet will help remove quinoa's bitter outer coating.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ cup raw quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup milk, dairy or non-dairy
1. Bring quinoa, apple, cinnamon, salt, and water to a boil in a small pot. Once boiling, reduce to simmer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until water is absorbed.
2. Add milk, stir, and remove from heat.