This is a great breakfast for Thanksgiving morning. Assemble bread pudding mixture the night before, then refrigerate. Top it the next morning and bake!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup flake cereal such as Total
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 loaf raisin challah, cut into ½-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 firm apples, peeled and diced
- 1½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- 1 bottle sparkling water
- 1 orange, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8-cup loaf pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine cereal, almonds, and brown sugar; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, yogurt, honey, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt; whisk until smooth.
4. In a large bowl, stir together cubed bread and apples. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture and stir until all cubes are moistened. Transfer to greased loaf pan and let sit 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
5. Just before baking, sprinkle evenly with cereal topping. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375°F for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
1. Combine orange and pomegranate juice in a pitcher.
2. Fill juice glasses halfway with juice, top with sparkling water, and garnish with a slice of orange.