If you don't have a panini press, just use a non-stick skillet to make these tasty sandwiches. Just about any cheese can be substituted for cheddar.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- ¼ cup low-fat honey mustard
- 2 crisp apples, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat panini press on medium heat.
2. Lightly spread honey mustard evenly over each slice of bread.
3. Layer apple slices and cheese over 4 slices of bread, using ½ apple and 2 ounces of cheese for each sandwich. Top each with remaining bread slices.
4. Lightly coat panini press with cooking spray. Grill each sandwich for 3 to 5 minutes, or until bread has toasted.
5. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Source: U.S. Apple Association