- 2 ServingsServings
- 4 oz. Angel Hair or Cappellini, uncooked
- 3 medium or 2 large ripe plum tomatoes (about 1/2 pound), cored and quartered
- 1/2 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large pinch hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1 Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2 . Place tomatoes in a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth and light pink, about 1 minute. Set aside.
3 Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 30 seconds
4 Add the peas, roasted red peppers and basil and stir 1 minute.
5 Add the pureed tomatoes and heat just to boiling. Remove sauce from heat.
6 Drain the pasta and transfer to skillet. Stir over medium heat until pasta is well mixed with sauce.
7 Divide pasta between two serving bowls.
8 Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Source: National Pasta Association